CORE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Six years of extensive experience in software project management that include Management Information
System (MIS), Social media platform, Enterprises Resource Planner (ERP), and analytic platforms driven
by AI and open source community.
Six year of business consulting experience that include work flow analysis, design and implementation,
mundane efficiency improvements in administration and operations, industry related research and acquisition
of information, and problem-solving.
I feel very comfortable in documenting processes such as proposal writing, manual writing and concept notes.
I have good communication and interpersonal skills including liaising with customers, management, staff,
regulatory and financial bodies
PhD in Computer Science
Institute of Communication Systems (ICS)
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
THESIS - Engineering Privacy by Design for Delay Tolerant Networks April 2013
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
THESIS - Emulation of Load Balancing in Linux Jan 2007
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Assistant Professor April 2013 to date
•Teaching various course to both undergraduate and postgraduate (MS and PHD) students.
•Supervising final year projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students. Supervising Research
students of both MS and PhD levels.
•Writing Research proposal for both national and international funding in addition to mundane research
Center for Communication Systems Research (CCSR) Mar 2011 to Mar 2013
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
•Research proposal writing for EU and UK funding agencies with academia and industry partners.
•Supervising Final Year Projects of M.Sc. students.
•Assisting Supervisor in lab work and tutorials.
•Worked on running projects in ICS in the area of designing the architecture for privacy and security
provision in Intelligent Transport System(ITS).
Cobbett Hill Earth Station (CHE) Nov 2008 to Mar 2013
Normandy Business Park, Surrey, UK
Network Support Engineer
•Worked on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls in the earth station.
•Provide basic troubleshooting on iDirect equipments, monitor and troubleshoot satellite bandwidth
•Working as technical assistant with IP manager and replying customer telephonic and email queries.
Forum for Area Studies & Information Center(FASIC) Jan 2007 to Sep 2008
Phase-1, Hayatabad, Peshawar, KP
•Setup of LAN/WAN, email server, troubleshooting of network in the main office
•Supporting staff members in IT related issues and administering their web portal.
During my PhD tenure I contributed to many projects proposal on several topics such as Intelligent Trans-
port System (ITS), Cyber security, Privacy and Digital Forensics. These projects were submitted for funding
under EU program FP7 call 10 and 11 and EPSRC. These projects involved consortium partners from dif-
ferent countries such as Europe, Middle East and Canada. The following are different research areas of my
past and current research activities.
- Blockchain technologies both applied and research.
- Network Security, Information Security, Privacy, Anonymity and Pseudonymity.
- Delay Tolerant Networks (DTN) and its security and privacy issues.
- Cloud Computing architecture,privacy and security related issues.
- Formal Analysis and Verification, Information theoretic analysis.
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) and its privacy, routing and security issues
- Cyber security and its formalization, emulating/simulating attacks.
- Muhammad Khalid, Yue Cao, Muhammad Arshad, Waqar Khalid, and Naveed Ahmad. Routing Challenges and Associated Protocols in Acoustic Communication, Taylor and Francis - Magnetic and Acoustic Communications: From Theory to Practice, 2018.
- Yue Cao,Naveed Ahmad, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Ghanim Putrus, Muhammad Khalid. intelligent Transportation Systems Enabled ICT Framework for Electric Vehicle Charging in Smart City. Springer- Smart Cities: Software Services and Cyber Infrastructure, 2018.
- Qazi Ejaz Ali , Naveed Ahmad, Abdul Haseeb Malik, Waheed Ur Rehman, Aziz Ud Din, Gauhar Ali,”ASPA: Advanced Strong Pseudonym based Authentication in Intelligent Transport System”, PLOS One Journal, 2019, IF 2.77
- Muhammad Khalid, Farah Ahmad, Muhammad Arshad, Waqar Khalid,Naveed Ahmad, and Yue Cao, ”E2MR: energy-efficient multipath routing protocol for underwater wireless sensor networks”, IET Journal of Networks, 2019
- Gauhar Ali, Naveed Ahmad , Yue Cao, Muhammad Asif, Haitham Cruickshank, Qazi Ejaz Ali,” Blockchain based Permission Delegation and Access Control in Internet of Things (BACI)”, Elsevier Journal on Computer and Security, 2019,IF 3.062
- Waqar Khalid, Naveed Ahmed, Muhammad Khalid, Aziz ud Din, Aurangzeb Khan, Muhammad Arshad, ”FRID: Flood attack mitigation using Resources efficient Intrusion Detection techniques in Delay Tolerant Networks”, IEEE Access, 2019, IF 4.02
- Zahid Ullah, Imran Ahmad, Tamleek Ali, Naveed Ahmad, Faheem Niaz, and Yue Cao ”Robust and Efficient Energy Harvested-Aware Routing Protocol With Clustering Approach in Body Area Networks” IEEE Access, Volume 7, Issue 1, Page 33906-33921, 2019,IF 3.55
- Muhammad Arshad, Zahid Ullah, Muhammad Khalid, Naveed Ahmad, Waqar Khalid, Duri Shahwar, Yue Cao,” Beacon trust management system and fake data detection in vehicular ad-hoc networks”, IET Journal on Intelligent Transport Systems, Dec 2018, IF 1.38
- Qazi Ejaz Ali, Naveed Ahmad, Abdul Haseeb Malik, Gauhar Ali, Muhammad Asif, Muhammad Khalid, Yue Cao,” SPATA: Strong Pseudonym based Authentication in Intelligent Transport System”, IEEE Access. ISSN 2169-3536 (In Press), 2018, IF 3.55
- Qazi Ali, Naveed Ahmad, Abdul Malik, Gauhar Ali, Waheed Rehman, ”Issues, challenges, and research opportunities in intelligent transport system for security and privacy”, MDPI Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol.8, Issue 10, 2018, IF 1.68
- Fazli Amin Khalil, Shahzad Anwar, Muhammad Asif, Sana ul Haq, Naveed Ahmad, Majid Ashraf, Muhammad Kamran, Atif Khan, Muhammad Arshad,”Energy management strategy for integrating photovoltaic energy in AC microgrid”, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, AIP Publishing, Volume 10, Issue 6, 2018, IF 1.33
- Yue Cao, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Yuan Zhuang, Naveed Ahmad, Yan Sun and Jaime LloretA Decentralized Deadline Driven Electric Vehicle Charging Recommendation. IEEE Systems Journal,2018,IF 3.8.
- Haleem Farman, BilalJan, Huma Javed, Naveed Ahmad, Javed Iqbal, Muhammad Arshad, and Shaukat Ali, ”Multi-criteria based zone head selection in Internet of Things based wireless sensor networks”, Elsevior Journal on future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 87, Page 364-371,IF 4.63
- Waqar Khalid, Zahid Ullah, Naveed Ahmed, Yue Cao, Muhammad Khalid, Haleem Farman, Muhammad Arshad and Haitham Cruickshank. A Taxonomy on Misbehaving Nodes in Delay Tolerant Networks. Elsevier Journal on Computers & Security,IF 2.8. (Accepted in 2018)
- Muhammad Khalid, Yue Cao, Naveed Ahmad, Waqar Khalid,and Piyush Dhawankar, ”Radius-based Multipath Courier Node Routing Protocol for Acoustic Communications”, IET Journal on Wireless Sensor System, 2018, IF 1.73
- Shahid Latif, Saeed Mahfooz, Naveed Ahmad , Bilal Jan, Haleem Farman, Murad Khan and Kijun Han, ”Industrial Internet of Things based Efficient and Reliable Data Dissemination Solution for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks”, Hindawi Journal on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing,2018 IF 1.89
- Shahid Latif,Naveed Ahmad, Saeed Mahfooz, Bilal Jan, Yue Cao , ”Comparative Analysis of Scenario-drive multi-hop broadcasting protocols for VANETs”, Journal of Elsevier on Vehicular Communication, 2018, IF 5.1
- Muhammad Arshad; Zahid Ullah; Naveed Ahmad; Yue Cao; Haitham Cruickshank; Muhammad Khalid, ”A Survey of Cooperative Based Malicious Information Detection Techniques In VANETs”,2018, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking,IF 1.9
- Naveed Ahmad, Yue Cao, Haitham Cruickshank, Bilal Jan, Murad Khan, Mohammad Asif Gwanggil Jeon, ”Privacy by Architecture Pseudonym Framework for Delay Tolerant Network”, Journal of Elsevier on Future Generation Computer Systems, 2017, IF 3.9
- Taimur Khan,Naveed Ahmad, Yue Cao, syed Asim Jalal, Muhammad Asif, Sana Ul Haq, Haitham Cruickshank, ”Certificate revocation in vehicular ad hoc networks techniques and protocols: a survey”,Springer Science China Information Sciences, volume 60, P , 2017.IF 1.62
- Shahid Latif, Saeed Mahfooz, Bilal Jan,Naveed Ahmad, Haleem Farman, Murad Khan, and Huma Javed, ” Multicriteria Based Next Forwarder Selection for Data Dissemination in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks Using Analytical Network Process”, Journal on Mathematical Problems in Engineering,Volume 2017 (2017). IF 0.80
- Zahid Ullah, Imran Ahmed, Kaleem Razzaq, Muhammad Kashif Naseer,Naveed Ahmad, ”DSCB:Dual sink approach using clustering in body area network”, Springer Journal on Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, P 1-14, 2017. IF 1.26
- Muhammad Khalid, Zahid Ullah, Naveed Ahmad, Huma Huma, Muhammad Arshad and Bilal Jan,” A Survey on routing issues and associated protocols in Underwater wireless Sensor Network, Journal of Sensors, Hindawi, 2017. IF 1.70
- Yue Cao, Member, IEEE, Tong Wang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Member, IEEE, Geyong Min, Member, IEEE, Naveed Ahmad and Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Member, IEEE, ”An EV Charging Management System Concerning Drivers Trip Duration and Mobility Uncertainty ”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS: SYSTEMS 2016. IF 2.35
- M Khalid, Z Ullah, Naveed Ahmad, A Adnan, W Khalid, A Ashfaq, ”Comparison of Localization Free Routing Protocols in Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks”, (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications,Vol. 8, No. 3, 2017 Category W
- S. HAQ, A. ALI, M. ASIF, T. JAN, Y. KHAN, Naveed AHMAD, ”Speaker-Independent Speech Emotion Recognition using Gaussian and SVM Classifiers”, Sindh Univ. Res. Jour. (Sci. Ser.) Vol.47 (1):103-106 (2015). Category X
- M. ASIF, S. AHMAD, S. HAQ, T. JAN,N.AHMAD, M. S. SHAH, ”Improved OLSR Protocol for VANETs and Comparison with State of Art DSR and AODV Protocols”, Sindh Univ. Res.Jour. (Sci.Ser.) Vol. 47 (4) 835-838 (2015).Category X
- S. HAQ, M. ASIF, A. ALI, T. JAN,Naveed AHMAD, Y. KHAN, ”Audio-Visual Emotion Classification using Filter and Wrapper Feature Selection Approaches”, Sindh Univ. Res. Jour. (Sci. Ser.) Vol.47 (1): 67-72 (2015).Category X
- Muhammad Asif, Sana ul Haq,Naveed Ahmad, Tariqullah Jan, and Muhammad Wasim Uddin,”QoS Assurance in Higher Mobility Mobile Ad Hoc Networks using Multipath Admission Control Protocol”, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences 52 (3): 201-214 (2015), ISSN: 0377 - 2969(print), 2306 - 1448 (online).Category X
- Sanaul Haq, Tariqullah Jan, Asiya Jehangir, Muhammad Asif,Amjad Ali, andNaveed Ahmad,”Bi-modal Human Emotion Classification in the Speaker-dependent Scenario, Proceedings of the PakistanAcademy of Sciences 52 (1): 27-38 (2015), ISSN: 0377 - 2969 (print), 2306 - 1448 (online).CategoryX
- Sanaul Haq, Tariqullah Jan, Muhammad Asif, Amjad Ali, and Naveed Ahmad”Speaker-Dependent Human Emotion Recognition in Unimodal and Bimodal Scenarios”, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences 52 (1): 15-25 (2015), ISSN: 0377 - 2969 (print), 2306 - 1448 (online). Category X
- Muhammad Asif, Muhammad Ali, Naveed Ahmad, Sana Ul Haq, Tariqullah Jan, and Muhammad Arshad, ”Design and Development of a Data Logger Based on IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee and GSM”,Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences, A. Physical and Computational Sciences 53 (1): 37-48 (2016), ISSN: 0377 - 2969 (print), 2306 - 1448 (online).Category X
- Yue Cao, Zhili Sun, Ning Wang, Haitham Cruickshank, Naveed Ahmad, ”A Reliable and Efficient Geographic Routing Scheme for Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networks”, IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, Volume: 2, Issue: 6, pages 103-606, December 2013. IF
- Muhammad Khalid, Yue Cao, Xu Zhang, Han Chong, Peng Linyu, Nauman Aslam and Naveed Ahmad,”Towards Autonomy: Cost-effective Scheduling for Long-range Autonomous Valet Parking (LAVP”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 15-18 April 2018, Barcelona, Spain.
- M Khalid, Z Ullah, N Ahmad, H Khan, HS Cruickshank, OU Khan, ”A comparative simulation based analysis of location based routing protocols in underwater wireless sensor networks”, Workshop on Recent Trends in Telecommunications Research (RTTR), 2017
- Ahmad, H.Cruickshank and Z.Sun, ”ID Based Cryptography and anonymity in Delay Tolerant Networks”, Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, 2010, Volume 43, Part 5, 265-275, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-13618-419
- Ahmad, H.Cruickshank, Z.Sun, M.Asif, ”Pseudonymised Communication in Delay Tolerant Networks”, Ninth Annual Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust, PST 2011, 19-21 July, 2011, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Asif, Z.Sun, H.Cruickshank and N.Ahmad, ”QoS Provisioning in contention aware MANETs using Flow Aware Admission Control (FAAC) protocol”, IADIS International Conference Telecommunications, Networks and Systems 2011 Rome, 20-22 July 2011, Italy.
- Asif, Z.Sun, H. Cruickshank and Naveed Ahmad, ”QoS Assurance in MANETs using Flow Aware Admission Control Multipath (FAAC-Multipath) Protocol”, 30th IEEE International PerformanceComputing and Communications Conference IPCCC 2011, 17-19 November 2011, Orlando, Florida,USA.
- Asif, Z.Sun, H.Cruickshank andN.Ahmad, ”Flow Aware Admission, Control Multipath protocol with multiple Constraints (FAAC-MM) for assurance of multiple QoS metrics in MANETs”, 18th IEEESymposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology ( IEEE SCVT 2011) in the Benelux Ghent, 22-23 November 2011, Belgium.
- Yue Cao, Zhili Sun, Naveed Ahmad , Haitham S. Cruickshank, ”A mobility vector based routing algorithm for Delay Tolerant Networks using history geographic information”, WCNC 2012: 2757-2762.
- Bhutta, G.Ansa, E.Johnson, N.Ahmad , M.Alsiyabi and H.Cruickshank, ”Security Analysis for Delay/Disruption Tolerant Satellite and Sensor Networks, IWSSC 2009, Siena, Italy, Sep 2009.