Dr. Muhammad Naeem is very senior teacher of the department having vast experience in research and rich background of quality programmer.
Ph. D. Scholar (Sept 2010 to Sept 2015)School of Computer Science, University of Guelph, Canada.
MSc. Scholar (Sept 2007 to Sept 2009)Dept. of Computer Science, University of Brock, Canada
Assistant Professor: Aug 2015 – till-date: Dept. of Computer Science, University of Peshawar, Pakistan Assistant Professor: Feb 2010 to Sept 2010: (As in 1) Assistant Professor: May 2002 to January 2007: (As in 1) Lecturer: Sept 1995 to May 2007: (As in 1) Lecturer:Dec 1990 to Sept. 1992: Technical Education Department, KP, Pakistan Lecturer:Sept. 1988 to Sept. 1990: (As in 1) Lecturer:Sept. 1988 to Sept. 199: Jinnah College for Women, University of Peshawar, Pakistan Visiting Faculty:Sept. 2009 - to Dec. 2009 Foreign Qualified Professional: March 2007 to Sept 2007 Environmental Science Department, Niagara College, NOTL Campus, St. Catharine, Ontario, Canada Water and Waste Water Division, City of Hamilton, Canada
- Teaching course in GIS (Geographic Information System) programming with Visual Basic
- Database programming and data retrieval/reporting with ORACLE PL/SQL and Crystal Reports
- Taught courses in Database Design and Management, Operating Systems, and Digital Logic.
Brief Statement of Research Interest:I have interest in Pattern Recognition especially in the areas of digital image processing and computer vision both with conventional and machine learning (in particular, deep learning) techniques. I have also interest in pattern recognition in the fields of speech and natural language processing and data mining. Other interests involve computational intelligence especially the application of heuristic for solving NP-hard optimization problems.
- Pascal Matsakis, Mohammad Naeem, (2016), “Fuzzy models of topological relationships based on the PHI-descriptor”, FUZZ-IEEE 2016: 1096-1104.
- Pascal Matsakis, Mohammad Naeem, (2015), “Introducing the phi-descriptor: a most versatile relative position descriptor”, ICPARM 2015, 87-98
- Mohammad Naeem, Pascal Matsakis, (2015), “Relative position descriptors: a review”, ICPRAM 2015, 286-295
- Jameson Reed, Mohammad Naeem, Pascal Matsakis, (2014), “A first algorithm to calculate force histograms in the case of 3D vector objects”, ICPRAM 2014, 104-112, Best Paper Award
- Shah S. Y., Ahmad N., and Naeem M., (2012), “Identification of Critical Bands in DCT Domain Representation for Fingerprint Recognition”, Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Automation & Computing, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK, September 8, 2012, pp. 119-122.
- Mohammad Naeem, Beatrice Ombuki-Berman, (2010), " An efficient Genetic Algorithm for the Single Allocation Hub Location Problem", IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2010), pp.941-948, July 2010.
- Iftikhar Alam, Shah Khusro, Muhammad Naeem (2017), “A review of smart TV: Past, present, and future”, 2017 International Conference on Open Source Systems & Technologies (ICOSST), Lahore, Pakistan Dec. 18-20, 2017, pp. 35-41