Dr. Muhammad Naeem is very senior teacher of the department having vast experience in research and rich background of quality programmer.
Ph. D. Scholar: Sept 2010 to Sept 2015: School of Computer Science, University of Guelph, Canada. MSc. Scholar: Sept 2007 to Sept 2009: Dept. of Computer Science, University of Brock, Canada
Assistant Professor: Aug 2015 – till-date: Dept. of Computer Science, University of Peshawar, Pakistan Assistant Professor: Feb 2010 to Sept 2010: (As in 1) Assistant Professor: May 2002 to January 2007: (As in 1) Lecturer: Sept 1995 to May 2007: (As in 1) Lecturer:Dec 1990 to Sept. 1992: Technical Education Department, KP, Pakistan Lecturer:Sept. 1988 to Sept. 1990: (As in 1) Lecturer:Sept. 1988 to Sept. 199: Jinnah College for Women, University of Peshawar, Pakistan Visiting Faculty:Sept. 2009 - to Dec. 2009 Foreign Qualified Professional: March 2007 to Sept 2007 Environmental Science Department, Niagara College, NOTL Campus, St. Catharine, Ontario, Canada Water and Waste Water Division, City of Hamilton, Canada
- Teaching course in GIS (Geographic Information System) programming with Visual Basic
- Database programming and data retrieval/reporting with ORACLE PL/SQL and Crystal Reports
- Taught courses in Database Design and Management, Operating Systems, and Digital Logic.
|Brief Statement of Research Interest||I have interest in Pattern Recognition especially in the areas of digital image processing and computer vision both with conventional and machine learning (in particular, deep learning) techniques. I have also interest in pattern recognition in the fields of speech and natural language processing and data mining. Other interests involve computational intelligence especially application of heuristic for solving NP-hard optimization problems.|
- Pascal Matsakis, Mohammad Naeem, (2016), “Fuzzy models of topological relationships based on the PHI-descriptor”, FUZZ-IEEE 2016: 1096-1104.
- Pascal Matsakis, Mohammad Naeem, (2015), “Introducing the phi-descriptor: a most versatile relative position descriptor”, ICPARM 2015, 87-98
- Mohammad Naeem, Pascal Matsakis, (2015), “Relative position descriptors: a review”, ICPRAM 2015, 286-295
- Jameson Reed, Mohammad Naeem, Pascal Matsakis, (2014), “A first algorithm to calculate force histograms in the case of 3D vector objects”, ICPRAM 2014, 104-112, Best Paper Award
- Shah S. Y., Ahmad N., and Naeem M., (2012), “Identification of Critical Bands in DCT Domain Representation for Fingerprint Recognition”, Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Automation & Computing, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK, September 8, 2012, pp. 119-122.
- Mohammad Naeem, Beatrice Ombuki-Berman, (2010), " An efficient Genetic Algorithm for the Single Allocation Hub Location Problem", IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2010), pp.941-948, July 2010.
- Iftikhar Alam, Shah Khusro, Muhammad Naeem (2017), “A review of smart TV: Past, present, and future”, 2017 International Conference on Open Source Systems & Technologies (ICOSST), Lahore, Pakistan Dec. 18-20, 2017, pp. 35-41